At Molecule, we definitely Do Things a Certain Way. As our team has grown, we’ve thought at length about what that means.
Why bother? Well, we want our team members to be independent and share their awesomeness with us (why would we have hired them otherwise?), so we have more awesomeness to share with our customers. At the same time, we want to give our customers a consistent, fantastic experience every time they interact with our team or our product.
I believe that if everyone at Molecule has a shared framework for decision-making, then we can make similar choices independently. Given that, the results of a decision made by anyone on our team (regardless of implementation) should ultimately reflect what we as a company strive to do. That’s what matters.
Without further ado, and after much debate, refinement, and more debate, we’re proud to share our Values with you.
We are Molecule.
- We own Molecule in big and small ways.
- We want the best for Molecule and for each other.
- We succeed as a team and fail as a team.
- We make a meaningful impact on the enterprise software industry.
We do what’s best for the customer.
- We provide the best approach to meet customer needs.
- We strive to have secure, pragmatic and informed solutions.
- We challenge the status quo by starting with first principles.
- We want customers to achieve the maximum with minimal effort.
- We challenge our solutions and are not afraid to toss them out the window.
We strive to be world-class.
- We hire the best Molecules.
- We work hard and smart, and continually learn.
- We try hard things, ask questions, and teach others.
- We do not fear mistakes - but we fail quickly and learn from them.
- We reach for the unreachable.
- We fight for what we believe is right.
- We accept constructive criticism gracefully - from anyone, to anyone.
- We set clear goals and use data to evaluate the best course of action.
We embrace diversity of race, gender, creed, culture, ability, orientation, and technology.
- We use welcoming and inclusive language.
- We respect differing viewpoints and experiences.
- We focus on what is best for the community.
- We show empathy and compassion towards other community members.
We love technology.
- We believe technology can help humanity do great things.
- We learn from seeing how others use technology in new and wonderful ways.
- We are comfortable with, and excited about, technology.
- We make and use the best and most beautiful technology.
- We embrace bleeding-edge tech.
- We love open source and contribute to the open source community.
We give back to the world.
- We share what we learn with the community.
- We help other entrepreneurs and new companies.
- We contribute to our physical and our online communities.
- We leave our communities better than we found them.