You'd have to be living under a rock to not know that Houston Restaurant Weeks is just around the corner for the entire month of August. What once used to be simply "restaurant week", has been so popular over the past few years that they've made it the entire month for the fourth year in a row...and counting. August used to be THE slowest month in the restaurant industry, but thanks to HRW, it's now only second to December.
Why should you participate?
- The food! With 165 restaurants participating this year, there is something for everyone's palate and appetite.
- The prices! All dinners are either $45 or $35. Brunch is $25 and lunch is $20 which means you can try some of the hottest restaurants in town for a phenomenal price-point.
- The cause! For each of those meals sold the Houston Food Bank will receive $7, $5, $4 or $3, respectively. Last year, the event raised $1,285,260 for the food bank, making it the largest annual fundraiser for the organization. And this year is set to be even larger!
You can view their new-and-improved website here where they've updated to a much more user-friendly and visually-appealing site that makes perusing the restaurants and menus a breeze.
Don't forget to make reservations and mention you'll be participating in HRW. This event draws in crazy-large crowds so even some of the lesser crowded spots will be filling up.
- Best Bang-for-Your-Buck - America's River Oaks
- Best Lunch Menu - Sorrento Ristorante
- Best Brunch Menu - Haven
- Best $35 Dinner Menu - Brennan's
- Best $45 Dinner Menu - Kata Robata
- Best "See & Be Seen" - Caracol
- Best for Startups - Hearsay
- Best for Running Into Energy Marketers - Tony's